【澳洲陽光先鋒報 】海斯出櫃又驕傲

GAY singer Darren Hayes has spoken for the first time about his decision to come out.
以下為戴倫海斯首度對於自己出櫃發表言論

Positive reaction: Darren Hayes has spoken for the first time about
his decision to tell the world about his gay lifestyle.
(積極回應:戴倫海斯首度為出櫃發表自己的意見)

Hayes, who "tied the knot" with partner Richard Cullen in June under Britain's law on same sex unions, said he was not concerned about any potential impact on his career.
戴倫海斯於六月在英國和情人李察庫倫透過當地民事合作社正式結婚,海斯表示自己並不關心因為性向而造成的任何衝擊。

"If I've lost any fans because I'm gay, that's OK," Hayes said yesterday.
昨日(5號)海斯表示:「如果因為身為同性戀而失去歌迷,其實也無所謂。」

"I wouldn't want somebody to buy my record who would judge me because of sexuality. To me that's the opposite of who I am as a person.
「我不歡迎會批評我性向的人,購買我的音樂。性向只是我的另一面。」

"But I've been overwhelmed at the positive reaction: there really hasn't been anything negative.
「但目前,我聽到的都是正面的鼓勵與支持。」

"It has restored my faith in humanity."
「這一切的確扭轉了我對人性的看法。」

Hayes said he chose to come out once he was settled in his personal life: "I always knew when I settled down with 'the one' I'd have no problems talking about my private life.
海斯表示當他安定下來的時候,就決定公開:「我知道只要遇到了對的人,我就應該和大家交代我的生活。」

"Yeah I'm married. I married a boy, I'm gay, but not much else about me has changed.
「對,我結婚了,是和男人,但我不覺得其他有什麼差。」

"I think I was just waiting for someone to just print it as a fact.
「我想我只是在等個媒體幫我證實一下。」

"It just so happened that around the time people stopped saying: 'Is he or isn't he?' and wrote: 'Why hasn't he come out yet?' was around the time I got married.
「當時才結婚的時候人家會問『他到底是不是?』還會寫『為什麼他還不公開?』之類的......」

"I'm proud of the fact I never lied about my sexuality. I've never been ashamed of who I was."
「我自己應該要驕傲,我不會因為某些事情而應該要羞愧。」

He also spoke out in support of gay marriage: "In my case, if two people want to be monogamous and grow old together, I can't see how that's a bad thing."
最後海斯也表示支持同志婚姻:「就我的例子來說,如果兩個人覺得他們可以白頭偕老一輩子,那也未嘗不是見美事。」

2006-10-06 01:29

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Bloodstained Heart 中英文歌詞

Black Out The Sun 中英文歌詞對照

Secret Codes and Battleships